Nip/Tuck

I know it's a bit early in the game to have this chat, but with all the plastic surgery buzz going around in my family lately, I feel the need to bring it up.

My aunt just got the "Lifestyle Lift" done. It's the one in the infomercials where they just "slightly lift sagging skin". I went to see her the day after and I have to admit she looked like a hot mess. Her face was swollen, you could barely see her eyes, she had a bandage from the top of her head around and under her chin and the sides of her mouth were so bruised they were turning black. So this is the healing process because she obviously just had a full surgery (not JUST a slight lift of the skin)and doctors told her she looked good compared to others. The other day this lady my aunt met at the doctor's office came by her house to chat about the procedure and I can't lie, this lady is 77 and looked like she was in her 50's. Now my mom is talking about getting it done too. Anyone that knows my mom knows she looks really good for 60. But like every woman, she sees little things that she doesn't like and she wants to get "fixed".

So I mention all this to ask, how many of us will go through this years from now just to look good? Also, wouldn't you feel like you're cheating? Like anytime someone says "wow you look good for your age" there will be a disclaimer like "oh but she's had work done".

I think if you're looking raggedy and you want to look better and feel better (and you're willing to go through all the craziness of getting cut up and healing) then hey, go for it. But what if u don't look raggedy, wouldn't you be scared that they'll make a mistake and you'll come out worse than how u went in?

So that's just the face, we're all young and don't need to think about that right now. But what about other parts of the body? Would u get a boob job just because you don't feel like you have enough? Would u get lipo because you can't seem to hit the gym and lose a few pounds? Would you get your butt done cuz you feel there isn't enough there? These are all questions that I'm sure go through people's minds all the time.

I know years ago when my mom had a "lipo gone wrong" and had gaping holes in her abdomen that wouldn't heal, I was like "hell no...I would NEVER" But now I find myself thinking, hmm if I ever feel the time is right, if absolutely necessary and with enough research I too might be down to go under the knife. So the "hell no" turned into a maybe in just 10 years. Does that mean in another 10 years I'll be like "sure!"? Or in 20 years I might say "of course!!"?

Times are changing so who knows, but just the fact that I'm writing about it is pretty interesting. Any of you Curly Fries ever consider surgery? Have you already gotten something done and feel great about it? Or is plastic surgery a big no no?

2 comments:

Hottie said...

i always thought i'd get a boob job but at the end of the day i think i'm ok with what i have. im not interestd in taking that big a risk to have a larger cup lol. for now i think i'm relying on how great my mom looks at 50 and hope that i have the same outcome. i'm just too scared of all that surgery stuff. but if you're def'ly a person that doesnt mind taking the risk then go for it..para los gustos se hicieron los colores...:)

JOOLS said...

I got my boobs done a few years ago and I'm happy I did it. They sagged way too much for a young, hot girl like me. (-: I was always very self-conscious about it, and new that as soon as I had enough money saved, I'd do it! I believe that as long as you are doing it to make YOU happy... go for it! I now LOVE my boobs! If you want, I'll show you the results! woo hoo!!!