Boo Hoo Poor Me

Staying positive is a hard ass job...in the scheme of things...it's probably the hardest work my brain has ever done lol. It's so easy to be negative and throw yourself a pity party but one day you just have to wake up and realize the attitude isn't getting you anywhere. Just stop taking the easy way out.

First of all, take a real hard look at things and realize...things could be worse. No really...they can always be worse.

Bad things happen to good people...yes...BUT sometimes good people give off bad energy and bad things come from bad energy. Am I making sense or do I sound like I'm smoking something? Lol

There's something I can't explain about the energy we put out there. (I know everyone talks about The Secret and how the book explains it all but I haven't read it so I'm on my own here.)

At the beginning of the year I made a pledge to myself to start thinking positive. Now I know it may sound silly but I literally wrote it down and started to make a conscious effort to be positive. If someone on the train bumped into me, I thought to myself "maybe they didn't notice...and if they did, so what? Am I hurt? Is it really THAT serious?" It was easier to just get annoyed and want to push the person but thinking it through and staying positive was my new thing.

I have to say that what may sound like gibberish right now to some of you set a whole bunch of things in motion for me in the first month of this little exercise. Things happened that I didn't even expect. It just seemed like everything was in motion and more good things are coming soon I hope. I do realize I need to cut out the complaining and with other people feeling down it's easy to fall off with them.

I have to admit I've fallen off the positivity wagon since then but I'm slowly trying to get back on. I swear to you it really works. I started again this week and already I've gotten some good signs at work. I'm feeling good about this one so we'll see if I can keep the positivity going.

Snap out of it folks! If there is one thing people should add to their long list of things to do, it's to stop the self pity and start thinking positive. Be ok with yourself and let the hard work begin. I'll keep you posted on my progress as well.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

BRAVO. This is so true. I totally agree with you when you said "Bad things happen to good people, but that we TOO create some of the bad energy" Like my mom always sais "this is the world you have made for yourself, now you got to live in it." I appreciate this blog because reminders are crucial! Human beings forget over and over, but eventually if you keep telling yourself to just BE, it will become natural. It's our birthright to feel good, and no one can change that but YOU...don't be your own worst enemy (O.D. cliches I know, but it's all so true!) Thank you for this Sheila

Unknown said...

Preach!

Pimo said...

Roll out the violins (j/k...lol)! Staying positive is hard, but its worth it! We have jobs, good social lives, but most importantly, GREAT FRIENDS!!! I think we are all doing pretty well, so let's keep the positivity up and it will only get better :)

JOOLS said...

Very true Pimo... not to mention we are pretty good looking... if not down right gorgeous!!!