Seems like 'tis the season to be heartbroken this year. I think I'll dedicate this post to my heart broken friends.
I can't help but wonder why we hurt so bad sometimes. It's always on a different level but one thing remains the same...it all sucks. Here is a breakdown of some sucky types of heartbreak for you all...
The Set Me Up Heartbreak
This is when we drive past the stop signs and run the red lights straight into the disaster area assuming there will be green lights ahead and everything will be fine. Yet deep down we know the situation won't turn out well at all. We fall deeper and deeper into our own trap of love and false hope.
The Not Quite Broken Just Bruised Heartbreak
This is when we leave a situation and we feel heartbroken but a few days later we snap out of it and realize we're just a little disappointed. This is just our hearts expecting the worst. It takes a few nights out partying and some good days at work to get over this one. This is the heartbreak we would want if we absolutely HAD to choose one.
The WTF Heartbreak
This is the WORST of all. This is the one that feels like the time I was walking home from school and got hit in the back of the head with a football full force...except not as funny. Basically this one comes out of nowhere and hurts like hell. This is a tough one cuz it's really hard to completely take it in and hard to believe it's really happening to you. This is the one only time can heal. (I hate that statement!!) But it's true. Then again it doesn't mean the scar goes away. All I can say is hang in there and let me know if u need a hug :-/
The Heartbreak For Masochists
Some of us know this one all too well. This is for the ones that get picked up just to get knocked down over and over again. This is when we feel the pain but stay. Why we stay? Who knows...but the heartbreak is there. It is a constant pounding heartache without ever leaving the relationship. This one isn't fun at all but we get through it and we learn most from it.
The Picking At The Old Wound Heartbreak
This is when we think second or third time is a charm...not necessarily with the same person...but with the same wound. You know you dated that type before and it didn't work but you truly believe "this one is different". This can also be the heartbreak in denial. Almost like we think the last time we just didn't do enough and this time around we can make things work. Yeah...good luck with that. Most likely...that old wound you're picking at will open up and you'll wonder if you just happen to love the pain.
Every heartbreak includes at least one of these painful situations and I'm sure there are plenty of others you can all think of. Either way friends...there is nothing I can say to fix this for you. The only thing I know is heartbreak sometimes makes us think less of ourselves but I want you guys to know you are all great, special people and if someone you love fails to recognize that...the situation is only a setup for something better to come. I truly believe this...that's why I'm patiently waiting *twiddling thumbs* lol
Heartbreak Hotel
Posted by CurlyFries at 12/01/2008 08:27:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I LOVEEEEE your breakdown of the different types of heartbreak.
I think I'm a hybrid of the "Set Me Up" and the "Picking at the Old Wound" heartbreak!
My favorite line was "The WTF Heartbreak---This is the one that feels like the time I was walking home from school and got hit in the back of the head with a football full force...except not as funny." I was like OMGGGG that happened to you too!! I got hit in the back of the head with a football once too!! lolol.
=( sigh.
Hang in there ladies! One day you'll all look back at this junk and probably still hate them a little... but hopefully while living happily ever after :-)
LoL @ all of y'all getting busted upside the head with footballs . . . the initial reaction when hitting girl in head is shock/mouth covering/pointing fingers at who threw the ball. . .then comes the onslaught of laughter. Sorry. . . just brings back memories. . .and it makes me laugh uncontrollably.
If I have to pick one it tends to be the not quite broken just bruised for me. I have had the luxury of knowing a few (very few) good women that kinda formed the view I have of my future wife . . . the problem is. . .when u let go a "scallywag", if you will, You do miss them, even if you know you had NO business being with them in the first place.
Nothing a few shots of Patron can't cure though. . .I'm just saying.
@Tino
LOL @ the football situation. Also, you miss a "scallywag" but what happens when you let go of a good woman? :-\ I think that's what the Curly Fries ladies really want to know.
Amen on the Patron idea tho!! lol
Well curlyfries I can only remember letting go of one good woman . . . attractive . . . intelligent . . . salsera . . . but something happened a few times that turned me off completely (read smelly parts). . . maybe I should have spoken to her about it, but I wouldnt even know how to address that situation tactfully.
Unfortunately, I caught the woman I replaced her with (who I thought was a dime and made me the envy of many men) shaving in my bathroom . . .face. . .full lather . . . Karma is a MFer . . . but I am still friends with the good woman, I gave her her just due, I still cannot get the gall to tell her the real reason why I left her (I told her it was because she moved in with a male roomate . . . I didnt have the time to get creative)
I imagine men leave women like this all the time . . .I dont consider myself a player so I wouldnt leave a good woman just to get another one thinking the grass is greener . . . but sometimes the yard smells and you just need out.
WOW...TMI...T-M-I!! lol
That was just too funny.
"shaving in my bathroom . . . face. . .full lather"
"sometimes the yard smells and you just need out."
I think you should write a book.
But yeah...that DEF didn't answer my question lol I guess I was referring to the rest of the male population who seem to let go of good women for reasons we don't always understand. At least not during the heartbroken stage.
no need to respond tho (id hate to get another smelly story lol)
lol. I love your blog curlyfries.
Fortunate for me I haven't had the chance to experience the different levels of the heartbreak hotel. I have experienced one good one and I think that covered it for all the rest. This is the "It's coming! It's coming! - WTF breakup".
This is the breakup that you knew was coming but didn't know how much it was going to hurt. It was like I see the ball coming, I love playing for this team - but if I let the ball hit me, I'm out the team - I'm happy, the other player wins - he's happy. Only thing is once that ball hits, and you just lay there and reflect on all the games you won't be playing it hurts to realize how much fun they were, how much you learned, and how much playing had become a part of your everyday life. You begin to walk around looking for other hobbies and find yourself thinking - I would be playing baseball right now. You go to bed alone and start thinking - I would be sweating from playing baseball right now. You take a walk in the park alone and realize - I could be breathing baseball right now.
It's a hurtful stage of withdrawl. Just like drugs. Your body has become so use to it, although it knows that it may not be the best for your health, you continue to use it because it makes you happy for the moment. Your life seems perfect and you are happy, you just know that you can't continue using the drgs for the rest of your life.
However, just like every type of breakup - after the withdrawl stage we all feel better. We pick up other hobbies and other sports, sometimes we go right back into a good game of baseball w/ a different team.
I think the best feelings that comes from all this are:
The feeling of knowing that the yrs of playing were fun and loving even if you didn't make it to the playoffs. (No regrets)
The feeling of your team losing without you, and everyone cheering when you are there. (This is what it feels like to be loved)
The feeling when you realize how miserable you would have really been if you would have continued playing baseball. (Sh*t I could be that girl that's his wife now - no thank you)
Best of all the feeling when that player wants to play with you again and you turn down the challenge.(I'm so over you)
It's all an experience, and it all makes you who you are. For me, it made me stronger, more selfish, more reasonable, more confident...
All in all I am who I am because of it - so we can't hate the heart break completely! :)
Wow i absolutely LOVE your comment...u know i loooove analogies!! The Baseball thing is perfect for it...we have all gone through all those stages after the heartbreak...didnt even think of that stuff.
Im actually gonna steal some of these post heartbreak situations you wrote about and write them into a script...kind of fun :-)
I do think about this tho...does the moment you all wrote these comments affect your point of view? How would it be if you wrote this a month from now? or if you would've written it a month ago?
Post a Comment