Wow...Im The Sh*t!!

No really...I am! I just got in from working a great show with wonderful artists who also happened to be down to earth and very easy to work with. I feel great! I'm young, with a great job and a great outlook on life.

Why is it hard for so many of us to say that? Why do we usually feel guilty when we are doing well and don't want to admit that hey...we are the sh*t!

I have to admit I usually feel guilty for things I have accomplished. I guess that's part of our nature because not everyone in our community is doing well. Sometimes we don't want to share the positive things we are experiencing for fear that others will think we are showing off or that we are throwing our success in their face.

Tonight, I don't feel that way. I had a great night and was in the mix with a bunch of celebrities and did a kick a$$ job. I don't feel guilty for being able to do what I did tonight cuz I know I've worked my butt off to get here. I've been through some tough times at work and at home since graduating college and I feel I've earned any great privileges I have today. I've been working towards this for 8 years now. Now here I was working on the finale of a show that I watched 10 years ago never even imagining I could be on the other end. Needless to say, working on this show really put everything in perspective.

I guess the point of this is not only that I am the sh*t, but that pretty much everyone I know is the sh*t in their own way. It doesn't take working with celebrities or anything like that, I mean the work I do is insignificant compared to what most people i know are doing. Everyone needs to stop and take a look around them, there is something you are doing that is great. If you don't think there is, maybe you need to just stop kicking yourself and make it happen. For the most part...we all have our moments and we need to take pride in them.

I think everyone needs to take a minute....right now...while you read this blog and tell yourself "damn...i am the sh*t". Don't just say it tho...make sure you believe it. Give yourself a reason to believe it. We all have overcome some obstacle...maybe you never gave yourself credit for it...do it now. Matter of fact...take a minute to reply to this post by finishing this sentence: "I'm the sh*t because..."

Man I wonder if Obama ever stops for a minute and thinks "damn Barack...you really are the sh*t" (maybe not in those words)...but if he doesn't...he def should. lol

Anyway...it's late and I'm starting to ramble. Moral of the story is...take a minute to realize you're the sh*t (and why) and don't be ashamed to say so.

That said...Damn CurlyFries...you really ARE the sh*t!

P.S. don't hate on my positivity...I had a good night...so sue me! :-P

5 comments:

Flaca said...

I'm the sh*t b/c...

hmmm.. wow Curly Fries I'm happy you feel so great. It must feel amazing to know that you are the sh*t. :)
It's funny that you wrote about this b/c I would say that most of the time I feel that I'm not the sh*t and I think I'm just too harsh on myself. I always think that I'm not doing enough. I see my friends going to grad school, and finding new jobs to get different experiences, and always doing more to better their career. I find myself being so lazy most of the time and so I am always putting myself down thinking damn why can't I have the motivation and aspirations that some of my friends have?
Then reading what you wrote I tried to tell myself that I'm the sh*t and tried to look for a reason but I just feel that my reasons aren't good enough. I'm the sh*t b/c I finished college... uhmm so did everyone else - not good enough for me... (use to work like 3 yrs ago) I'm the sh*t b/c I was able to move to another state and settle in w/o my family or friends around.. (yeah that was 2 yrs ago - not good enough anymore). Now what?
I do feel good that I have a job, and great friends that I can trust, and a wonderful supportive family... so I can say I'm the $hit b/c of what I have but I honestly don't think I can say I'm the $hit b/c of what I've accomplished. Booooo ur blog was supposed to make me realize something.
I don't know I think the atmosphere has a lot to do w/ it. I think a lot of ppl probably feel the way I see things. You see a lot of successful ppl esp ppl your age and u start to put yourself down b/c u are not where they are at. However, I guess you have to look at all the ppl that are your age that you have accomplished more than! or not just that - but just see what have you accomplished for urself or for others and not look at where u stand in comparison w/ others. I think that's why when I didn't live in NYC I felt much better about myself. I didn't really compare myself to anyone, just lived and enjoyed life. I was happy, I was satisfied, I felt I was the $hit! Then I move here where everyone is on the move - making me feel like I need to run faster. This is stressful...

Maybe the lack of self confidence is what is keeping me from feeling like i'm the sh*t... ok ok Ok.. I'm the $hit b/c of the type of person that I am? I guess that could work - I'm smart, pretty (sometimes) lol, funny, fun, outgoing, reasonable, caring... ok ok .. I'm the sh*t! :)

CurlyFries said...

Flaca...I'll help you on this one...You are the shit because EVERYONE loves you...in the time that i've known you...i have never met anyone that can truly say they don't like you. You are real and you make people around you feel good. (why do you think i've hung out with u all these years lol) You definitely are hard on yourself...but we all are. Being a little hard is ok cuz it keeps us on our toes and trying to do better.

Ummm also..sounds to me like someone wants to move back to Florida...don't you leave me here in this gloomy weather...you have to at least give me a warning!

The point is to realize that you are the sh*t despite that side of you that keeps telling you why you aren't. We all have that side...we just have to tell it to shut up lol. Anyway...you are the sh*t...point blank period!

Who else needs to know why they're the sh*t? lol I got some more in me! lol

Come on people...Obama is the next president...time to think positive!

La Risa said...

aww yay

i read your blog yesterday and spent the last 24 hours trying to come up with why i'm the shit..ill be back haha

and i think obama has told himself that

Pimo said...

I am the sh*t because I said so!

I am with Flaca on the whole - not feeling like I am doing enough. However, I started to ask myself - do I feel that way because of what I see around me or does it have to do with me. I realized that I make decisions based on what other people think. For example, should I do X career change or will people think I am crazy. I decided - screw other people! I have to think about what makes me happy. If moving to Miami makes you feel better, Flaca, do it, but like Curly Fries said, make sure you warn a sista - I want some sun too! If we focus on other people, we will get nothing done and that is much worse!

Anonymous said...

LoL I'm the sh*t! Thanks I needed this today! ;) Sometimes we forget how wonderful we actually are! love ya!